The 0.3.1 patch of Meat Hook Trainer now allows you to challenge other players !
- Added a leaderboard in collaboration with Natus Vincere !
> Meat Hook Trainer is now hosted on Na’Vi’s website.
> Scores are now saved to a server and can be viewed here (eng) and here (ru).
> As a result, high-scores are not saved locally anymore to avoid confusion.
> Make sure you are logged-in, and look on the top left corner of the game window : if you can see this icon , then the score will be saved. If you can’t see it, login and reload the web page.
> Scores will be saved for every game that last more than 45 seconds.
- Fixed various little bugs.
Make sure to check out Na’Vi news, you may be able to win prizes with your scores soon !
Meat Hook Trainer v0.3 is now available !
Meat Hook Trainer v0.3
- Added creeps to training modes
> Creeps will spawn automatically, more creeps will spawn if only a few hooks are missed.
> Hooking a creep is considered as a fail hook.
> Units no longer go through one another while colliding, they are blocked instead.
> As a result, using phase boots grants the ability to walk through units.
- Added Rot
> Rot slows units but does not kill them.
> Using rot for a too long time will result in a score penalty.
> Rot is disabled in the “Catch Me If You Can” game mode.
- Added Dismember
> Using Dismember on a target unit (blue unit) gives a score bonus.
> The bonus is reduced if the channeling is interrupted.
> Using Dismember on a creep (green unit) kills it, but no bonus is given.
> Dismember can be used on dead units for a short duration.
> The faster Dismember is cast, the higher is the given bonus.
> Using Rot while performing the Hook + Dismember combo will increase the bonus.
- Items are now unlocked after a given game time if they are not already, even if only a few hooks have been successful.
- Target units now try not to walk to the other side of the map when the player is very far.
- The target units’ dodging system has been modified to be more human-like in training modes. Faking hooks and quick blink+hook now give more chance to score.
- Blink dagger and force staff cooldowns increased from 8s to 12s in training modes.
- Changed how the score is computed (don’t compare v0.2 scores with v0.3 scores !).
- Fixed a bug where restarting a Time-attack game would result in a wrong time bonus (thanks Bjarne – Plastikwasser !).
- Fixed a bug where shift-queuing a self Force Staff command would remove all following shift-queued commands.
- Lots of tweaks and fixes
- Every key binding can now be set to a modifier key + a normal key (instead of only quick-cast key bindings), eg. “CTRL + Q”.
- Right-clicking when an ability was going to be cast (target cursor) now just cancels the cast, instead of also issuing a move command.
- Lag and Pause settings have been moved to the “Game & Camera” settings tab.
- The home menu has been reworked to be clearer.
- Added error messages near the cursor when trying to cast an ability which cannot be cast in the current conditions (no target, ability locked, etc.)
- Missed hooks are no longer taken in account to compute the “Average hook quality” stat in the “Game Over” panel.
As always, you can contact Yagni on the contact page, on Twitter or on reddit, for bug reports, suggestions and feedback.
If you encounter issues with Unity webplayer, this page may help you.
Meat Hook Trainer v0.2 has just been released !
Meat Hook Trainer v0.2
- Added items : boots of speed, phase boots, force staff, blink dagger. Items are locked when a game starts, and they are unlocked as the player successfully hook creeps,
- Added Time Attack Mode,
- Added Blind mode,
- Added a fun mode : “Catch me if you can”,
- Creeps now try to dodge hooks when the difficulty is medium or high,
- Increased creeps collision box,
- Changed how the score is computed (don’t compare v0.1 scores with v0.2 scores !),
- Lots of tweaks and fixes.
- Added a “Save settings and scores” option in the settings panel,
- Hovering over the “Start game ” buttons now displays a tooltip with the current high score,
- Added Quick-cast support, including modifier keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift),
- The end game panel now displays an APM stat,
- Tweaks and fixes.
- Improved a little bit environment look,
- Tweaks and fixes.
Linux buggy test export here
Bug reports, suggestions, or any other feedback are all welcome ! You can contact Yagni on the contact page, on Twitter or on reddit (v0.2 thread − v0.1 thread).
Bonus moonwalk gif
29/09/13 – The 0.1.1 patch was released shortly after the 0.1 version, to add missing key-features :
- Improved a bit camera edge pan (should be smoother now)
- The default key for STOP is now S
- Added MMB camera grip
- Added keyboard camera control. Note that it is possible to rebind keys and to change the pan speed in the settings.
- Added additional mouse buttons support for commands
- Added fullscreen ! (Default key : F11)
28/09/13 – Meat Hook Trainer v0.1 released ! (original Reddit thread)
Meat Hook Trainer is a mini-game made with Unity3D, designed to help DotA 2 players improve their Pudge skills in a fun way. It can easily be played while queuing for a DotA 2 match, as an alternative to the shopkeeper quizz if you already know it by heart.
Get over here !
- Control Pudge and hook running targets
- Cancel animation support
- Camera controls : edge pan, camera grip, camera to hero
- Rebindable keys
- Lag simulation
- 5 min challenge game mode
- Free hook game mode